Without doubt PokerStars are the leading poker brand on the market today and are constantly striving to improve their products and introduce clever and innovative new features for their Customers to experience and enjoy. It also has to be said that their Support service is second to none. Let’s take a look back at some of the more recent PokerStars achievements:
- Hosted a Guinness World Record tournament attracting 225,000 players, the largest ever online poker tournament.
- Reached a milestone of 100 billion hands played on its software in June 2013
- Leading sports personality’s such as Rafa Nadal and Ronaldo signed as brand ambassadors.
- Awarded players with a total of more than $137 million in prize-money between their WCOOP and SCOOP tournament series.
- Launched a fun and free Facebook APP for the recreational player to enjoy.
“We're proud to take down this award for the second straight time" said Eric Hollreiser, Head of Corporate Communications for the Rational Group. "And we'll be doing everything we can in the next 12 months to make a strong run at a three-peat."
In addition to winning the ‘Online Poker Operator of the Year’ award, PokerStars was also a finalist for the ‘Mobile Gaming Operator of the Year’ and ‘Gaming Industry Fair Play’ awards.
PokerStars operates the world’s most popular online poker sites, serving a global poker community of more than 62 million registered members. Since it launched in 2001, PokerStars has become the first choice of the world’s top players, with more daily tournaments than anywhere else and with the best security online. More than110 billion hands have been dealt on PokerStars.com, which is more than any other site.