Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 October 2011

The September Micro Grind

The month of September was pretty good on the Micro Grind. I made a valuable discovery when I found out about officialpokerrankings.com (OPR) It's a website that tracks players stats and results and is a great tool for keeping track of your performance.

At the start of September I had a minus ROI (Return On Investment) according to OPR so I set off on a mission to rectify that. At the time of writing this post I've improved my ROI from minus 50% to a plus of 21% return. If anyone wants to take a look at my stats log in to OPR and search for royalraise85.


Click to enlarge


My target for this month (October) is to improve my overall rating from 85.89% to a plus 90% figure. One of the instructors on Pokerschool Online set out a challenge called the 'Cowboy Challenge'. This involves playing 100 games in the month with the objective of doubling your starting balance at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll run good and achieve both these targets. I'll be posting my results on this blog on a day by day basis.

The next big discovery of the month was getting Holdem Indicator. It's a great online poker calculator with a fantastically simple and easy to read graphic display. What I found best about this calculator is that it really helped understanding your odds & outs. The simple rule of thumb is that if you only have a 20% chance of winning the pot then don't call any bet that's more than 20% of the pot. I hope to do a You-tube review of Holdem Indicator soon but if you want to find out more about it now then just click on the flashing banner on the top of this blog. I can't recommend this enough for the micro-stakes player.


Click to enlarge


This isn't the best of pics but you get the idea. Notice the column on the right and the bar charts. The green bar is your odds of winning and the red bar is the % of pot you have to call in order to stay in the hand. Here I'm clearly not folding. (By the way I made $6 taking this picture so thank you Blog).

Holdem Indicator also has a HUD (Heads Up Display) which isn't on this picture. The HUD gives you individual player stats on all your opponents. The HUD appears after a few hands (I only played one here to take this picture) but if you want to see the HUD working just click the link at the top of the page.

Finally, if your a micro stake player or just new to the game check out Pokerschool Online. There's FREE live training sessions on there everyday of the week. Plus a host of other stuff to help you improve your game. Check it out.

I'm hoping to start a home game on Pokerstars just for the micro stakers. Maybe a 5/10c game once a week for an hour. If you would like to get in on the game message me here or on Twitter @theroyalraiser.

That's it for now, I'll let you know how I'm getting on in the October Micro Grind where I'll be continuing with the Cowboy Challenge on Pokerstars and competing in a new league on Pokergob.com

Good Luck at the Tables!

TheRoyalRaiser

1 comment:

  1. The challenge im working on is much harder consider its from 0 to 10,000 :P but realistically i want to get to 1000 by the end of the year. I am at right around 40 right now :)

    ReplyDelete