Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 December 2011

The Alan Jones Memorial Shield

Sport has always been a passion of mine. Whether it's Motorsport, Horse Racing, Football or other I'm there! I rank poker up there with one of the great 'Mind Sports' where mental focus and agility is key to success.

Success in Sport brings fortune and fame to the elite, but to the ordinary everyday Clubman, winning a trophy means everything. I'm delighted to introduce to the world of poker the 'Alan Jones Memorial Shield'.

Alan was born on the 21st November 2002 and passed away the same day. He was my first boy. At the time I was a huge fan of Motorsport and I still am. I always said that I would call my first boy Alan, after Alan Jones the racing driver. The only Jones to win the Formula One World Championship. So you see, to me my boys a champion, my No. 1!

The Tournament was open to all the members of pokerschoolonline.com It's in the format of a knock-out championship and 24 entered for the event. The prize on offer is to have your name inscribed on the inaugural Shield in memory of Alan, nothing more, nothing less.


The owner of my local poker club will kindly allow me to put the Shield on display in the club's trophy cabinet. I will keep this blog updated regularly with news of how the event is unfolding. Best of luck to all who are taking part, it's very much appreciated.


Raiser

And the winner is...........


Grade b


4/3/12 - The final was played out on March 4th between two very worthy finalists, Grade b and JWK24.
In the end it was Grade b who came out the eventual winner and will have his name inscribed on the trophy.
I'll post up a photo of it here when it's ready!


1 comment:

  1. Game đánh bài đổi thưởng uy tín số 1 Việt Nam. Hỗ trợ đa nền tảng Web, android, iOS. Nhiều event giá trị lớn tri ân game thủ.

    ReplyDelete